Work With Us
We provide our children with high quality education because we employ the very best teachers and support staff who share our vision, values and behaviours. Through our dedicated and collaborative staff, we empower children to reveal the champion and equip them for success in their future endeavors.
Welcome to our careers page where you can check out our fantastic career opportunities across our Trust. If you believe that you can make a difference to the lives of our children and families and would like to join our Trust or if you want to find out more, then please do not hesitate to get in touch. We would love to hear from you.
There are many amazing people that make our Trust what it is and drives us forward on our journey of improvement. Have a look at our video on our Trust YouTube channel to find out more about us and get in touch if you want to join our journey.
We provide our children with high quality education because we employ the very best teachers and support staff who share our vision, values and behaviours. We recognise that in order to offer the best outcomes for our children, our staff teams need the opportunity to be the very best they can be too.
We want our employees to feel valued and all of our staff, and in particular ECTs, receive:
- A higher starting salary than point 1 on the teacher's pay scale;
- Access to our Trust network of support and development;
- An innovative, forward-thinking approach to education through the use of iPads and Universal Design for Learning;
- A dedicated ECT mentor and supportive colleagues;
- Employee Assistance Programmes, available 24 hours a day;
- Cross -Trust learning and development, as well as friendships and collaboration;
- Access to our leadership library which has a range of publications to support your CPD;
- The opportunity to take part in educational research;
- Dedicated career pathways to support your progression;
- Regular feedback and career development conversations alongside a comprehensive offer of tailored CPD from both outside agencies and in-house training;
- Initiatives to support with reducing teacher workload;
- A strong supportive ethos with dedicated line management structures and clear communication channels;
- A wide range of family friendly policies;
- Recognised national terms and conditions for staff;
- Teachers and Local Government pension schemes;
- Cycle to work schemes;
- Being valued and welcomed for who you are and the skills you bring.
WE ARE A DISABILITY CONFIDENT COMMITTED EMPLOYER
We are proud to share that that we have been recognised as a Disability Confident Committed organisation.
At Woodland Academy Trust, we value the incredible contribution and talent that people with disabilities can and do bring to our workplace. Being awarded Disability Confident Committed status is part of our ongoing commitment to fostering an inclusive workplace where everyone can thrive.
As a Disability Confident Committed Employer we have committed to:
- ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible;
- communicating and promoting vacancies;
- offering an interview to disabled people who meet the minimum criteria for the job;
- anticipating and providing reasonable adjustments as required;
- supporting any existing employee who acquires a disability or long term health condition, enabling them to stay in work;
- at least one activity that will make a difference for disabled people.